1.0 Our core beliefs regarding user privacy and data protection
• User privacy and data protection are human rights
• We have a duty of care to the people within our data
• Data is a liability, it should only be collected and processed when absolutely necessary
• We loathe spam as much as you do!
• We will never sell, rent or otherwise distribute or make public your personal information 2.0 Relevant legislation
Along with our business and internal computer systems, this website is designed to comply with the following national and international legislation with regards to data protection and user privacy:
• UK Data Protection Act 1988 (DPA)
• EU Data Protection Directive 1995 (DPD)
• EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR)
This site’s compliance with the above legislation, all of which are stringent in nature, means that this site is likely compliant with the data protection and user privacy legislation set out by many other countries and territories as well. If you are unsure about whether this site is compliant with your own country of residences’ specific data protection and user privacy legislation you should contact our data protection officer (details of whom can be found in section 9.0) for clarification. 3.0 Personal information that this website collects and why we collect it
This website collects and uses personal information for the following reasons: 3.1 Site visitation tracking
Like most websites, this site uses Google Analytics (GA) to track user interaction. We use this data to determine the number of people using our site, to better understand how they find and use our web pages and to see their journey through the website.
Although GA records data such as your geographical location, device, internet browser and operating system, none of this information personally identifies you to us. GA also records your computer’s IP address which could be used to personally identify you but Google do not grant us access to this. We consider Google to be a third party data processor (see section 6.0 below).
Disabling cookies on your internet browser will stop GA from tracking any part of your visit to pages within this website. 3.2 Contact forms and email links
Should you choose to contact us using the contact form on our Contact us page, a booking form or an email link, none of the data that you supply will be stored by this website or passed to / be processed by any of the third party data processors defined in section 6.0. Instead the data will be collated into an email and sent to us over the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP). Our SMTP servers are protected by TLS (sometimes known as SSL) meaning that the email content is encrypted using SHA-2, 256-bit cryptography before being sent across the internet. The email content is then decrypted by our local computers and devices. 3.4 Email messages, alerts & newsletters
We do not currently send out mailing list messages or newsletters 4.0 Member/ customer information
We currently do not store any customer information on our website. 5.0 About this website’s server
This website is hosted by Modern Websites
in the UK. The server is located just outside Vancouver, Canada and is managed by In2net.
Some of the data centre’s more notable security features are as follows:
• The facility is monitored by security cameras all around the building.
• Security guards will be on duty during after hours.
• All server cabinets are secured in locked rooms and locked cabinets.
• All clients have their own access card and cabinet key to enter the server room and open only their own cabinet.
• This website server is mounted in a managed cabinet which only accessible by In2net staff.
• All traffic (transferral of files) between this website and your browser is encrypted and delivered over HTTPS. 6.0 Our third party data processors
) 7.0 Data Breaches
We will report any unlawful data breach of this website’s database or the database(s) of any of our third party data processors to any and all relevant persons and authorities within 72 hours of the breach if it is apparent that personal data stored in an identifiable manner has been stolen. 8.0 Data Controller
Please contact us
for this information. 9.0 Data Protection Officer
Please contact us